Around the middle of the year in 1986 a small group of former members of Melbourne Cyprus Community’s Soccer Club, Central City, met at 15-17 Heffernan Lane. This group determined to create a strong Greek Cypriot based team in Melbourne.

There were two previous failed attempts, one in the mid 1950’s and secondly Central City from 1977 to 1983 which ran under the control of the Cyprus Community of Melbourne and Victoria from 1977 to 1980. The “Founders” at this initial meeting were Michael Christopher, Ray Georgiou, Andrew Nicolaou, Michael Iaonnou, Harry Theocharous, Phillip Philippou, Tony Antoniou and Harry Constantinou.