Yes, you read that right, Moreland City will travel to Wembley Park to face Box Hill United this Saturday in an important fixture for Andrew Mathers side.
Fresh off the heels of a 3-0 defeat to Green Gully in the FFA Cup this past week, the boys have now switched their focus entirely towards the league and the goal now remains the same as it has been since Matchday One, promotion.
City sit third, only goals scored behind second placed, Melbourne City Youth and a point behind Dandenong City in their quest for promotion to the top flight while their opponents, Box Hill sit sixth only three points behind.
United have won their past three games with impressive victories over Goulburn Valley Suns, Eastern Lions and Springvale White Eagles after losing their first three of the season. However, they were eliminated from the FFA Cup 4-0 by Bentleigh Greens this past weekend.
Moreland City Expected XI: (4-3-3) McDowell, Viola, Jones, Reid, Lampard, Thomas, James, Makarounas, Paz , Ukuno, Cristaldo
- Jesse Makarounas returns from his absence over the weekend and should slot straight in, Osman Kose under pressure as he was the won to replace the former Victory midfielder
- Brian Summerskill and Stelios Konstantinidis still in doubt to return
- Apai Ukuno has scored six from six and sits atop the scoring charts alongside Gianluca Iannucci and Moudi Najjar (6) from Melbourne City Youth
Box Hill United Expected XI (players in numerical order): Nemes (GK), Le Page, Marangos, Frantzeskakis, Kavadas, Okada, Petreski, Edwards, Pochi, Hall, Sabanovski
- Box Hill came back from 3-1 down to defeat Goulborn and were led up top brilliantly by Kazuki Okada and Andrew Le Page who both scored braces
- Okada is the top goal-scorer with three after six games
- Nicholas Edwards and Gerry Kavadas both under the age of 20 spearhead the United midfield in a rather young side